When the cold weather comes, welding will be a little harder than it was during the summer months and that is exactly why you will need a winter welding coat or jacket. I understand that even during these months when we’d all rather be sleeping in our blankets, we have to get up and do our jobs. Welding is hard, but don’t make it anymore harder than it has to be by not getting yourself the right gear. Getting the right and suitable gear is important as learning the skills in welding. Even if you have the best skills, how will you be able to work properly if you can’t even move your arms because it’s too cold? When working, it is also important that we consider our comfort and safety.
While working, if we are comfortable, don’t you agree that we can be more focused on the task at hand? We won’t be feeling so bothered about the temperature because we feel warm and snugly. You will literally lose nothing if you invest in a great welding jacket. You can try checking out Lincoln Electric’s products. This company is an expert in the field of welding so their products are quite good. Aside from welding clothing, they also sell welding gloves, safety glasses, caps, doo rags, and welding bags.
1.) HEAVY DUTY LEATHER WELDING JACKET
– This jacket is mostly colored black, but it has a red part in the back. It has been made from high quality cowhide leather in the chest and sleeves which can now provide superior protection for stick welding.
– It weighs for about 9 ounces. The material is really nice as it can provide protection against fire. The flame retardant cotton in the back can help keep the user cool compared to when it’s full on leather in the back part.
– You can buy this jacket for about 101.03 US DOLLARS in the market.
2.) FR WELDING LAB COAT
– This one looks like a laboratory coat except that it’s black and made of a hundred percent flame retardant material so you can be protected from your welding activities.
– It can reach until your knees for protection. This is recommended for supervisors, and instructors.
– At the sides, you will be able to find two hip pockets to keep chalk, grease pens, or other items that you want. It’s very comfortable to wear as it doesn’t cling much to your body.
– You can purchase this item for only 48.52 US DOLLARS.
3.) TRADITIONAL FR CLOTH WELDING JACKET
– It looks good and it feels good. This product has been made from a hundred percent 9 oz flame retardant cotton. A good thing about this one is that it’s pockets are inside for that protected storage. It’s also quite easy to wash. You can even use a washing machine on it.
– If you are worried about the sleeves getting in the way while you work, you won’t have to worry about this product because it has form fitting cuffs.
– You can purchase this product for 30.00 US DOLLARS to 37.00 US DOLLARS. It depends on the size you will be getting.
Hopefully you will be able to find the winter welding coat or jacket for you! Remember, your comfort is important in choosing a product. Stay tuned for our next article about this! Don’t forget to share with your friends!